I have never been big on counting down to things. Christmas, maybe. And even then not until about a week before, and I count how many sleeps, not how many days. So, when people ask me (in really high-pitched excited voices) "How many days until your wedding!!!?" I simply say "uhhhhhhhh ... about a month?"
So today, Paul and I were talking and I got excited when he announced that there is less than 4 weeks until we get married. Then we decided to figure out how many days there were until our wedding. "Okay, so what day is it today?" "The 27th" "No, isn't it the 28th?" "Oh yeah, no wait" "Okay, Sunday was the 25th" "Oh right, so Monday the 26th" "Tuesday the 27th" "Wednesday the 28th" "Is today Wednesday?" "Yeah" "Okay so it is the 28th" "Right" "Okay, so what were we trying to do?" "Count down to our wedding" "Oh Yeah" "And we're getting married on the 21st" "Duh" "So that's at least 21 days" "Uh huh" "Plus, 31-28" "Okay, so that's ... " "When was the last time you took a math class?" "Uh, high school, but seriously, we can do simple subtraction" "Okay so 3 days in October, and 21 in November" "That's 24" "24 days until we get married!" "Wow, that was hard" ...
1 comment:
haha, that's great.
Post a Comment