The Avengers. Paul and I both liked this one! The plot was a little simplistic and it almost seemed like the heroes fought with each other more than they fought against the enemy, but lots of stuff blew up so . . . I think we can overlook the lack-of-substance part. Also, I was surprised with how funny it was. Mostly Iron Man.
The Muppets. Since Paul and I really like The Big Bang Theory I think the best part of this movie was Jim Parsons' cameo where he sang "Am I a Man or am I a Muppet". That song and a few others were kind of catchy, and of course I think Amy Adams is adorable, but mostly the movie was a dud.
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Meh. This was mostly weird. Not bad necessarily, but it wasn't my favorite.
We Bought a Zoo. Matt Damon. I thought it was sad and cute.
Larry Crowne. Yeah, it was okay. Kind of weird, but with a nice message. I was crocheting while it was on so I don't know if I can really give an accurate assessment.
And Star Wars (all the episodes) was on TV recently and Paul and I watched a few. I know I've seen Episode I, II, and IV, but I can't be sure about any of the other ones. At least, I wouldn't remember them if I saw them. Paul was making fun of me because I kept asking who was who during Episode I. He also pointed out that I really don't understand a lot of pop culture references to Star Wars since I barely know the characters. Oh well, there are worse things.
Next week Paul is going to California with his class for 4 days so I'll be all alone. I was thinking about borrowing Gilmore Girls from the library, but I can't decide which season, 1 or 2? Any good chick flicks I should watch?
3 comments:
Do you like British dramas? BBC has tons of fantastic ones, like Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility. There's also a very fun Robin Hood series from the BBC. I get them all at my library, but I think they're probably all on netflix, too.
the avengers WAS incredible...in fact, it was so good I saw it FOUR times in the same week! Four. and I actually haven't seen any of those other movies except for the muppets and star wars!
~Morgan
I liked the muppets, but I grew up on the muppets.
Also, you need to read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Really.
Post a Comment