A few weeks ago Paul and I decided that it would be a good idea to go to the Tanger Outlet Mall in Myrtle beach to buy me some postpartum clothes since I was no longer able to keep my maternity pants up and my old jeans were still too tight. I love outlet malls and the beach so it sounded awesome. It wasn't.
Calvin hates the car for some reason and cried almost the whole day. We got some dirty looks in Banana Republic as I hurriedly carried his screaming head out of the dressing room, followed by Paul and our humungous stroller. Calvin also gets really scared at loud noises and screamed his head off when I was changing his diaper in the mall bathroom and someone dared to dry their hands with an electric drier. Poor baby.
When we got down to the beach after shopping Calvin managed to fall asleep in the stroller so we did get to enjoy the boardwalk a little. It was pretty cloudy.
The drive home took us more than 3 hours because we had to stop and soothe him practically every 5 minutes.
On the bright side, I now have jeans that fit me and a pretty cute top to wear with them. And I think (3 weeks later) that we might be figuring out how to keep Calvin from freaking out in the car. Maybe.
1 comment:
Ha ha ha. I laughed and laughed reading this. You just have to learn some things by experience and shopping with a baby is one of those things you quickly learn NOT to do. But, you have it admit, it was a memorable day, at least.
Post a Comment