4.19.2009

Campus

The weather has been looking up recently so I took the opportunity to roam around campus and take some pictures of my home, in good light.

This is the "flat" where we foreign teachers live. My room is the second window to the left of the entrance gate. The gate is manned by some really happy guards who always smile and wave as we cheerfully say "ni hao!" whenever we walk in and out ... hopefully they smile because they like us, and not because they are amused by our poor Chinese!

This is the view of the entrance gate and our flat (to the left) from across the track. If you continue to the left there is a swimming pool (which has yet to be filled, and on the right are some teacher offices. The building on the far right is the auditorium where our kids watch movies every Saturday night, and apparently have dance practice. Sometimes they let us foreign teachers use the auditorium to watch movies!!

There are plenty of these inspirational signs around campus. The front side is in Chinese and the back side is in English. I've read a few of them, and only sometimes laugh at the pictures who have had their eyes gorged out by the less appreciative students.


The building in the background is one of the high school buildings. I've only been in it once (while we were playing night games around campus) but I have run past it too many times to count. The track and I are becoming well acquainted, partly because there is nothing else to do and partly because Annie and I have plans to run a relay this summer!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Abby, I posted a comment earlier today but it's not showing up. What's up with that? I think I asked what floor your room was on and mentioned what a pretty day it was when you took the pictures.