Some more of my opinions about movies.
Toy Story 3. I can't remember if I mentioned this one yet. I thought it was really well-done. A lot of people had high expectations and, so far, all I've heard are good reviews. It was funny and sad and good for the young and the old. Go Pixar.
Robin Hood. So, unlike Paul, I like Russell Crow. I think he's a fine actor. But I didn't like this movie. I have a problem with a) British accents on scruffy mumbling men, 2) stories retold with uninteresting plot changes/twists, and d) movies longer than 2 hours. Yeah, and this movie had/was all 3 of those things. Half the time I couldn't understand what they were saying, and I guess I went into the movie thinking I knew what was going to happen. But no. and it went on forever. I think the only Robin Hood that has an appropriate length (that I've seen) is the Disney version.
Hereafter. This movie was slow. It was different. It was easy to watch, easy to follow, and, in my opinion, easy to like. I liked it a lot. It made me cry. I saw it in the theatre and when it was finished I heard the woman behind me exclaim "are you kidding me?" in a sort of that-was-the-worst-movie-I've-ever-seen type of outraged exclaim. So, I'd like to hear someone else's opinion about it. Also, I thought the last scene was perfectly done. Also, Matt Damon.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. This is the first and only Harry Potter movie I've seen having already read the book. It was a different experience. On one hand, I was glad that I had read the book because otherwise I probably would've been confused. And it is always cool to see on screen what you saw in your imagination while reading. On the other hand, I was disappointed at parts where I thought they should've done it differently. But, all in all, I thought it was fantastic. Also, poor Daniel is such a bad actor, but I think most people are used to him by now.
Letters to Juliet. For girls only. It was very cute, wholesome, and predictable. Basically, it was your average chick flick.
The Duchess. I felt about this movie pretty much the same way I felt about The Other Boleyn Girl. If you've seen both I hope you understand what I mean. I thought it was good. But, I have to comment on Keira Knightley's teeth.
Those are the newer-ish movies that I've seen recently. Oh wait. Paul and I watched Old Dogs and thought it was awful.
I also saw Gallipoli, an early Mel Gibson movie (1981), and thought it was pretty good ... powerful message.
2 comments:
Robin Hood: I actually liked it. But I knew going into it that it would all be back story; I think if I hadn't known I would have been frustrated by the movie.
Hereafter: I'm glad to know what you think. I haven't seen it, but one of the girls next door did and said it was melancholy, but good. Would I like it? I think yes.
HP: So glad you liked this one. I thought it was amazing. You're right about Daniel, but I loved the actors who play the Malfoys. And Helena Bonham Carter is always amazing.
I'm always amazed at how well you remember the movies you've watched. I can barely recall the plot to some the day after I've watched them. Maybe I should keep a movie diary.
Post a Comment