On Saturday we went to San Angelo State Park to birdwatch. It was about 100 degrees out. We brought all of our gear, but forgot the camera. Here are some of the cooler-looking birds we saw.
We also saw Turkey Vultures, a Red-winged Blackbird, Brown-headed Cowbirds, and a few others that we failed to identify. AND we saw a jack rabbit, a huge wild pig, bison, a Texas long-horn herd, and prairie dogs, which were all awesome too.
Our life list now has 27 birds on it, only counting the ones we've seen since our hobby began. Next weekend we plan on birding at the lake and we'll probably go every other weekend too. It's nice to spend some time outside but since you don't have to do much to watch birds we're able to stay cool in this desert weather.
1 comment:
Hey - the other day I saw a little bird with ear tufts just outside the garage window, while I was on the treadmill. Looked it up - it was a newly fledged House Wren. I'm a bird-watcher and I don't even have to try (much).
Post a Comment