After Eat, Pray, Love and Eats, Shoots, and Leaves I didn't do a lot of reading. I couldn't really find anything that I liked just by looking at the library shelves. This is partly because I didn't know what I wanted to read and partly because I always looked in the wrong places. When Paul came home we got a public library card and he put a book on hold for me (how nice), one that he remembered me mentioning.
I just finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett. And it only recently occurred to me that "help" is a noun. In my defense, when I first heard the title I didn't know what the book was about, and assumed it was some weird, catchy phrase, created by the editors to intrigue readers. Titles don't have to make sense, right? I mean I guess I knew it was a noun (because of "the") but thought of it more as "me helping you, and the help that I am giving you", or whatever. And now that I'm reading and re-reading the title, I say it aloud and realize "help" is a weird word.
I spent about an hour trying to read Harry Potter a l'ecole des sorciers, but I don't know enough French. However, I did learn a new word: hiboux.
I think I'll peruse Paul's dream books next.
2 comments:
yay reading! i've read more books since we graduated than i have my entire college career
Read Strength In What Remains by Tracy Kidder. And Txtng: The gr8 db8 by David Crystal. I may have already told you about that one. It's cool and linguistic-y.
Post a Comment