10.17.2010

Alabama National Fair

Yes, we went to another fair.  It was pretty much the same thing as the Texas State Fair except there were a lot more rides and it was slightly smaller.  And people were cheering for Alabama and Auburn instead of Texas.  Them people love their football!

We've discovered that our favorite fair/park treat is a root beer float, because we always want ice cream but could also use a drink.  Perfect combination, right?


We got to see a bear show! as well as pig races, only here they made those little piggies swim!!  The bears looked surprisingly tame, and sure liked that honey!  (!)


I guess the highlight of the fair was The Charlie Daniels Band (they play the devil went down to georgia).  I liked the red neck music.  And I may or may not have joined in on the cheering ... you know, "HOW MANY RED NECKS OUT THERE?!!!"  "WOOOOO!"  That sort of thing.  It was funny.  I chuckled.  Ask Paul about his rock concert mentality theory.

1 comment:

candice said...

We need to come visit you! You guys do so many fun things (the aquarium looks AWESOME--Eden would absolutely love it). Wow, bear on a ball and pigs swimming---only at the fair. Fun!