1.27.2011

Skirt

I got a sewing machine for Christmas this year (last year?), and this skirt was my first go at it.  I sort of know how to sew from making random things in high school, but it has been a while and it is different on a new machine.  But the skirt was pretty easy.  I just bought the pattern, thread, elastic, and some fabric (solid print that looks the same on both sides to make it even easier) and eventually came out with a skirt.  :)  I need to learn how to finish seams more efficiently, and I didn't try very hard with the hem because I knew it was going to be too short to wear.

All considered, it was a good first go!

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

it's lovely, and that grey is lovely ltoo!

Donna said...

Good job!! Is it really too short? Just make the elastic nice and loose and it can ride low on your hips - that's the style anyway. I love the fabric!