I've been listening to an oldies station on the radio. Last week they were advertising that they were going to share "Love Stories of San Angelo" on Valentines day and that if you wanted to share the story of you and your sweetheart you could submit it at this location at this time and they would air it blah blah. Paul and I heard the advertisement again yesterday when we were driving around looking at the big expensive houses in the rich neighborhood here and we discussed how we thought our story wasn't romantic enough for the radio. But then, I discovered that you pretty much can make any story about two sweethearts uber romantic if you just emphasize the cuter parts and exaggerate how desperate you were to be together. So, in honor of my sweetheart, here is our worthy-of-the-radio love story.
"Paul and I were not searching for love, but when we saw each other across the classroom one day we knew that we wanted to be with each other forever. He thought I was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.
We quickly fell hopelessly in love with one another. We spent everyday together and started planning for our future. Paul turned down internships to stay near me, and he even extended his time at our university so that we could graduate together.
Then, I had to leave him for 4 months. We ached to be separated for so long, but we wrote love letters everyday and talked as much as we could. The separation only taught us both that we were needed each other in our lives and that we could love no one as much as we loved each other.
When I returned we became engaged as quickly as possible and never wanted to be parted again. 3 months later we were married for all eternity! It was the happiest day of my life.
I love my sweet heart with all of my heart!"
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

3 comments:
Aww, that's sweet and slightly nauseating.
Y'all are cute together, though :-)
Oh Abby! Paul is so lucky.
Hooray for love!
Post a Comment