2.18.2011

Piano

I know this may be a little ambitious but I am working on several songs and I want to share them with you.

I'm working on the first movement of this piece.  My old piano teacher Bob recommended that I play it back when I was leaving for college.
Schubert Sonata #13 in A Major D.664:


This is another one that Bob recommended for me.  I've only starting learning it today, and it is pretty long, but I absolutely love it.  Love love love.
Chopin Scherzo #2 Op. 31:


Yet another Bob recommendation.  There are 3 novelettes but I am going to learn #2.  #3 is so beautiful though, so I'll probably play it a little too.  :)
Francis Poulenc Novelette #2:


And if that isn't enough I'm working on re-learning/improving this song that I also played with Bob.
Liszt Nocturne #3 A flat major:


And of course it wouldn't be my repertoire if I wasn't working on a Chopin Waltz, because I love them.  Love them.  I'm working on Op. 64.  I learned #1 (the minute waltz) way back when, and just finished learning #2.  On to the third!
Chopin Waltz Op. 64 #3:


This seems like a good load for me and reminds me of when I was playing constantly back in high school.  I'm finding that I wish I had a Debussy book to peruse through and also something by Bach.  I have a lot of old copies though, so I might be able to find something in there.

Should be tough but fun!  Maybe when I actually get somewhere with these I'll post myself playing them.  But probably not.  :)

2 comments:

Erin @ Curled Up With A Good Book said...

I'm a fan of Chopin. How long do you practice every day to work on 5 things at a time? Or do you work on one, then go to the next after the first is mastered?

Anne said...

This makes me want a piano...