Lately, for some reason, Paul and I have been enjoying Mario Kart and Plants vs. Zombies as our time wasting, brain cell smashing, super fun activities. So we haven't been watching too many movies. In fact we've had our Netflix movie for more than a week now. Oh, the shame.
Still, I saw a few movies over the past few months that I didn't get a chance talk about. So I'm going to convince you to see the ones I liked and convince you to avoid the ones I didn't like. Ok? Ok.
Temple Grandin. This is an HBO semi-biographical film about an autistic woman who succeeds (on many levels) in the real world. Even though I don't know much about autism, I felt like I got to see a little bit of what it might be like to experience it. There is something about neurological and mental conditions (like autism or schizophrenia or OCD) that interests me, so I found the movie very interesting. I thought Claire Danes did a wonderful job and in fact she just won the SAG award for best actress in a TV movie. I would highly recommend seeing this.
The Shadow of the Moon. This was awesome! A documentary narrated by the members of the Apollo space flights. 'Course Paul and I have been into space travel lately, so of course we would really like it, but I thought it was interesting as far as documentaries go and fun to see the real people involved. See it!
Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day. This was not your typical romantic
comedy, though it was very cute and funny. The characters were the best
part and of course it ends happy. I remember really liking it. Plus I
like Amy Adams quite a bit.
The A-Team. Watch this if you want some mindless action, I guess. It
was kind of funny too.
If you are wondering what NOT to see then here's a list:
Knight and Day. Okay, there was one part where a bad guy falls halfway
out of the window on a moving train and all of a sudden he gets pummeled
by an oncoming train and dies! There were some other funny parts too,
but the story was mostly lame and the action was sloppily done. Also,
Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz were probably cast because they provide eye
candy and not because they are fabulous actors. But still, that train
scene ...
Grown-ups. Just awful.
Fantastic Mr. Fox. I know some people like it, but I thought it was painfully boring and also annoying.
Best in Show. Mockumentary about a dog show. Super weird. If you're interested find a clip online.
The Other Guys. Pretty lame actually.
Well there you go. I am looking forward to seeing a few movies that I've heard a lot about: Easy A, Red, The Social Network, and Megamind.
Paul and I watched Parks and Recreation (available through Netflix) last month and really like it. Really really like it.
2 comments:
I've heard really good things about the Temple Grandin movie. It is in my queue!
Bryce and I saw A-team in the dollar theater a while back...I did not enjoy it. Probably because I was tired.
Post a Comment