8.10.2011

Graceland in Memphis, TN

After our first day of driving and a HUMID stop in Arkansas, Paul and I decided to go to Graceland, home of The King of Rock and Roll, Elvis.  Neither Paul nor I are hardcore Elvis fans, but we do appreciate his iconic style and his influence on pop culture and music, and I do know most of the words to "Blue Suede Shoes".

I thought about posting these pictures and pretending that it was the inside of our new house, but I don't think it would have fooled anybody; his decor is wild.

 
 

Did you see the ugly monkey in the yellow and blue room?  And the mirrored stairways?  And all of the gold records and awards?

I cheated a little to get the picture of his grave.  Instead of standing in line, I went around the other side and just sneaked in between some people.  It is funny how people feel like they need to shuffle along in a straight line when they are at museums.

I would recommend going to Graceland if you get the chance.  It was a little expensive, but there are a lot of things to see including his cars, planes, clothes, more awards, and the grounds.  But maybe go in the winter when it isn't 100 degrees out.

 

After the tour we went to McDonald's.  The cashier asked for a name to call when our order was ready and when Paul told her his name she wrote down P-A-R-L.  Welcome to the south. 

No comments: