After our trip to Fort Sumter we decided to head to downtown Charleston to see the sights. We had a tourist map that we used that to navigate through the historic district and to help us find the cool buildings.
First we walked along the water and found this cool fountain. The weather was perfect. If I lived in Charleston I would just sit at the waterfront and people watch. Say cheese!
Then we wandered through the streets and spotted these neat buildings. I thought the area was lovely and would like to go back again sometime.
We had a delightful dinner and then drove home. I'm glad we could give my parents a little taste of the south (that isn't Sumter).
2 comments:
I loved visiting Charleston last summer. The pineapple fountain was full of swimming kids (and Scott jumped right in)! I learned that the pineapple was a symbol of hospitality; some of the older homes have decorative stone pineapples on the edges of their front steps.
It was a fabulous day. When can I come back?
Post a Comment