3.06.2012

Baby News

Well, since I posted it on Facebook I guess it has been officially announced: I'm pregnant!  There's a baby in the oven!  Alert!  Alert!

I am 16 weeks now, due on August 16th.  And for those of you who want TMI on how I'm feeling, read on!

Morning sickness was a big fat bother until about week 14, and since it's over let's just forget about it.

Now that the nausea/vomiting has subsided and I'm into trimester 2 my only complaints are that I have to go to the bathroom all the time (all the time, people) and that my arms fall completely asleep (completely) when I sleep on my back.  Also, I have fiery heartburn.  And I feel like I'm hungry all the time, but that's not really a complaint, eating is fun.  Other than all that I feel awesome.  There's a baby in me.  It's weird.  and exciting.

My bump isn't quite a bump yet.  I can tell it's there and my jeans can tell it's there but I'm sure no one else can tell if I don't want them to.  So no "bump" pictures yet.  I'm actually still at my pre-pregnancy weight because of the morning sickness.

At about week 7 we got an ultrasound and got to see the tiny speck that was the baby.  That was when I finally understood why people like to post their ultrasound pictures online for everyone to see.  To anyone else it's just another weird, black and white baby profile, but to the parents it's a weird, black and white baby profile of their baby.  So yeah, I sent that picture of my speck baby to its grandparents ASAP.

The internet says the baby is an avocado now.  or a starfruit.  and I'm thinking we should pick a name out of all the fruits it becomes when it's growing.  I personally like Prune for a boy and Rutabaga for a girl.  Or maybe the other way around?

Yes, we are going to find out the baby's gender around 20 weeks.  I'm not sure what I think it is though.  At first I thought it might be a girl, then Paul convinced me it was going to be a boy, but now I'm back to thinking it's a girl.  But it doesn't really matter to me.  What do you think?

If we didn't find out the gender I don't think the baby would have a name for months.  We're having a tough time coming up with names we actually like.  Mostly we just come up with names we know we won't use and laugh about how funny it would be to use them.  Top picks include Champion, Thor, Boonter, Zarblat, Leonard, and Sheldon.  If you have any suggestions (real or funny) we'd be happy to hear!

And, well, that's that.  The alert has been sounded!

5 comments:

A Mitton said...

Rutabaga is absolutely a girl name.

Donna said...

But it's a vegetable. How about "Peach" because I think it's a girl!

Michael Carpenter said...

As Bengt Washburn says, "We were going to go with Thog... but it was a boy." :)

Kent said...

[Sha|Da]awn, e.g. Shalawn, Shadawn, Shamawn, Dashawn, Dalawn (would you mow it?), Dafawn (Bambi's child?), ...

Kent said...

As additions to the list you would definitely _not_ use, I mean.