We were in Suffolk, VA from February 20th to March 3rd on another TDY (temporary assignment). This TDY was a little more pleasant than Florida for a few reasons. First, I didn't have morning sickness. Second, we had a kitchen in our hotel room. Third, my friend Shera brought her dog along so I got to take her out on walks around a nearby lake. The dog's name is Fancy; how cute is that?
Shera and I had fun walking her around and chatting while Paul was at work. There were some amazing houses/neighborhoods to gawk at! When I'm a multimillionaire I might go back to Suffolk to find a house.
Paul got stuck with a 1 pm to 1 am shift and it took me almost to the last day to be able to still be awake when he got home. I don't think work was too bad though . . . he had enough free time to reread The Hunger Games.
Overall, we had a good time in Suffolk. We met up for lunch a few times and went out to the movies. I went maternity shopping but didn't buy anything. (Although I really need to . . . now I'm using a rubber band to give my jeans a little more room.) Still, I think the best place to be is home. And we have 5 more weeks here before we leave for another TDY!

No comments:
Post a Comment