Hello! Let me tell you about some movies!
The Hunger Games. Very good! I liked how they adapted the book for film, by adding scenes with the gamemakers, for example. I also liked that the acting wasn't horrible. Except maybe Gale, but he did
have that whole gloomy/jealous face down when he didn't have to talk. (on a semi-related note: I went to a Hunger Games party and won a Hunger Games cookbook
because I unscrambled the most Hunger-Games-related words. There are some good looking bread recipes in there but then there's also some squirrel
recipes . . . I think I'll skip those).
The Big Year. Steve Martin, Owen Wilson, and Jack Black are all birders trying to set the record for the most birds seen in 1 year. It was funny and oh so wholesome. It makes me want to be a birder, and I would recommend it if you are craving something PG.
Pirates. Ya know, the latest one. Last week when we went to get a movie I suggested this one and Paul told me that we had already seen it. Ha, it was that good, was it?
This Means War. We went to this in Virginia instead of The Vow. I still haven't seen The Vow, but I kind of wish we had seen it instead because it couldn't have been any worse than this one. and I even like Reese Witherspoon. Not worth the money.
Rise of the Planet of the Apes. My only problem with this movie was the ending. I was hoping for some kind of world take-over where the apes kill off the human race, so when they all just run away to the forest I was a little disappointed. The rest of the movie was good though.
Moneyball. Super interesting. Paul read the book before we saw it and offered a little more insight on the characters, which made it fun . . . do you still call them characters even when they are real people? Baseball is a very complex and fascinating game and I enjoyed the new perspective this movie offered. Too bad it didn't snag any Oscars.
Downton Abbey. Not a movie, but an awesome mini-series! British scandal and British accents, what more could you ask for? It did take me a while to really sympathize with a lot of the characters, but by the end of the second season I was hooked. Oh Mary and Matthew.
4 comments:
Did you watch the credits of Planet of the Apes? It shows the near extermination of the human race from the infection (with handy ties in to the Charleton Heston original flick, which I thought was pretty fun!)
Oh you are wrong. The Vow COULD be worse than This Means War. I saw both. It was dreadful, really. Redbox it.
Thanks for the recommendations. I want to put Moneyball and the birdwatching one (I can't see your post and already I can't remember the name)in my Netflix que.
Come on -- you're living in the south. I'll bet your neighbors have squirrel recipes.
Kathy was sick one weekend and watched two seasons of Downton Abbey in one weekend! Oh, and if you want a laugh, search youtube for "Downton Arby's"
Post a Comment