9.12.2011

Back Patio

One of the awesome things about the house we're renting is the back patio.  It's huge!  It's also screened in so it feels like you're outside but you don't have to worry about pesky bugs like mosquitoes!  It was also very dirty and gross and bug infested, so we decided to give it a makeover.

The before picture.  Please take note of all the ugly things: the dirty floor, the dirty walls, the water-stained ceiling, the bad paint job, etc.
 
 

Then we started experimenting with paint colors.  We knew we wanted yellow, but didn't quite like either of these.  We ended up just getting one that looked like something in the middle.

 

Here's the other side of the patio.  Big, isn't it?  Also very dirty and spidery and dusty.  I swear, the girl we're renting from never came out here!

 

Here's the place after we put on a coat of primer.  Already looking a lot better.  We even did the ceiling to get rid of the water stains. 

 

And the other side of the patio with a coat of primer

 

We decided to paint the storage/seating area the same color as the doors and windows because we didn't want to paint the doors and windows, but we wanted it to look like they were blue on purpose.  I actually really love the blue color, and it makes the storage stand out.

 

And there's the YELLOW!

 

It turned out quite school-bus-y, didn't it?  I think it looks pretty awesome.  It feels a lot like summer-time when we're out there now.  I'm hoping to make some pillows/cushions that match a little better than our current patio set, but for now it is just nice to be able to go out there and actually enjoy it!


What do you think?  Also, in the very first picture you can see some marks from where we took down an ugly shelf.  We were going to throw it away, but I was feeling creative and decided to paint it.


It is up in our living room now, which we just rearranged, and looks so cozy.  Don't you want to come visit us now so you can see for yourself??

2 comments:

Michael Carpenter said...

Very nice. You guys did a great job. Yes, it does make me want to come visit. (Well, I already wanted to, you know.) I was actually looking at airfare prices today.

Mom said...

I want to come!!