9.30.2011

Mevois

It has been a while since I posted about movies.  Here's the thing though, who is that?  No, that was a Parks and Rec quote, sorry.  Here's the thing though, we canceled our Netflix account before we moved (and before all of the re-workings and price upages (that's a new word, did you know?)), so we haven't been watching as many movies.  "As many" is a vague term though because we still watch a lot of movies, just now we buy them and own them, or rent them from RedBox.  

Movies we have bought since we moved to South Carolina.
  1. Alfred Hitchcock Classics
  2. She's the Man
  3. The Pelican Brief
  4. 27 Dresses
  5. Groundhog Day
  6. What About Bob?
  7. The Holiday
  8. Runaway Bride
  9. Young Frankenstein
Don't worry, I've apologized to Paul for the excessive amount of chick flicks on that list.  At $5.00 each that's $45.00, which is about $15.00 more than we would have paid for 3 months of Netflix, but now we OWN them.  Worth it?  Discuss.  Oh wait, also consider the following lists (and my one-word recommendations, because I'm lazy).

Movies that we have rented from Redbox (at $1.00 a piece).
  1. Source Code (no)
  2. Gnomeo and Juliet (meh)
  3. Something Borrowed (meh)
  4. True Grit (yes)
  5. Rio (yes)
  6. Just Go With It (no)
  7. The Way Back (yes)
Movies that we have seen in theatres (at, we'll say, $15.00 a piece).
  1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II (yes)
  2. The Help (yes)
Television shows that we have bought.  You don't need to know how much these cost because the comedy is priceless.
  1. Parks and Recreation Seasons 1-3
  2. Modern Family Season 1
Overall I would say that I like not having Netflix.  Now we can start adding to our personal movie collection so that we can watch the movies we really like whenever we want to.  It is also just as easy to go to a RedBox to rent a movie as it is to wait 3 days (or more) for one to come in the mail.  And it makes it sort of like a date to rent a movie, ya know?  What I really like is that we don't waste time on our instant queue anymore.  We've been attempting to unplug a little (Paul's doing better than me, he even deleted his Facebook) and not having that instant queue really helps.  BUT since we don't have Netflix anymore we've been considering signing up for Amazon Prime.  Yes?  No?  Would that be missing the point?

What about you?

2 comments:

Dad said...

Our Netflix DVD has been sitting sadly neglected for a long time. Starting to wonder if it's worth it.

amanda said...

I love netflix instant streaming so much. I actually liked the source code! Felt the same about most of the movie though. Love reading your movie posts.