9.15.2011

Kitchen

I have such creative post titles . . .

Yesterday Paul had to work a 12-hr shift that he found out about last minute.  Luckily, we had paint and I decided to paint our whole kitchen all by myself!

It was a ton of work to prep the walls.  I had to do a lot of sanding and spackling and cleaning and taping that took me about 2 hours.  I wish you could see the cobwebs and grime in these before pictures but my camera is doing this weird thing where it won't focus so it takes a while to even get a decent photo.

Once I got to the actual painting part it took me 4 hours more.  Plus then I had to clean up.  Whew!

BEFORE and AFTER:



That lovely dark wood 70s door is the blue door in the patio pictures from my previous post.  And I'm feeling very amused by my inability to match . . . blue tablecloth, red rug, brown rug, green walls.  Oh well.  I still have lots of plans to carry out that will make it look fabulous.

And I'm also very much considering painting this side of the kitchen too.  That dark blue is just so weird.


2 comments:

Mom said...

I agree about the dark blue. I would use the same green color you just used. Looks like a great kitchen. Can't wait to visit so you (and Paul) can cook for me.

candice said...

You guys seriously need to approach your landlords on rent reduction!! The place looks great!