8.13.2010

Seyfried, Musicals, and 30 Rock

Dear John. Library. 3 stars. Channing Tatum is very nice to look at. I liked the story (Nicholas Sparks does a good romance), and felt like I could relate in a lot of ways. I think it would have meant a lot more if they stayed with the original ending instead of making it look like the main characters got to be together. But everybody likes a feel-good, even me. This was also my third Amanda Seyfried movie. I watched Mean Girls and Mamma Mia recently, which are also both good, but for completely different reasons.

I've been on a musical kick I guess. Hairspray (love), Mamma Mia (love), Meet Me in St. Louis (love), Singin' in the Rain (love), Bandwagon (huh?). I've seen all but the last one more than once; I don't want to see the last one more than once. I thought it was weird, and too long. The songs were brow-raising: "More Beer", really?? My next musical to watch is Easter Parade. Or Show Boat, if it comes in the mail soon.

I "watched" The Fellowship of the Ring last Sunday, and I really think I've seen it too much for it to be interesting anymore. I know exactly what happens, and it just takes forever for it to happen! I haven't seen the other 2 as often though, so I might try one of those this weekend.

Pretty sure that's all of the movies I watched this week. I've been spending a lot of time on 30 Rock. When I first saw the show I didn't really like it. Maybe it was the specific season, or the fact that it came on after The Office, which I love. I thought it was obnoxious, to be honest. But, the more I saw it, the more I liked it. And Paul watched all the seasons over the last year, so I got into it with him. Now, I think it is a very clever show, witty, and extremely funny. And ridiculous.

I want to watch another movie tonight, but can't decide which one. Humph.

No comments: