The Young Victoria. Netflix. I thought this was very cute, very "English", and very much a movie that I shouldn't have watched since Paul is far, far away. But I really enjoyed it, and it's one of the only chick-flicks (of the ones I've seen recently) that I think is actually good. Thanks Annie, for the recommendation.
Recently seen (and awful) chick flicks:
Love Happens, The Wedding Date
plplpl
Amelia. Library. This is what I could call a Wikipedia Movie, for me. I didn't find it very engaging, even though I was intrigued by Amelia Earhart. She was a pretty cool lady. Also, I kept remembering The Office episode where they spend the whole day debating whether or not actress Hilary Swank is hott. And I think I'd have to go with no, even though she is a great actress. Also, something about Richard Gere ... meh. Then again, I like Runaway Bride.
Roman Holiday. Netflix. I feel like I have watched a lot of movies lately that are set in Rome. This one is the first-watched movie on my long list of classics to watch while Paul is gone. Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck just aren't his thing I guess. (or should it be things?) But I liked it a lot. I wish I could give it 3.5 stars.
Doubt. Netflix. Meh. Yes, Meryl Streep is amazing (just ask Cameron, from Modern Family). And yes, there was a lot of deep moral ... uh, stuff ... but I guess it just wasn't my taste. 3 stars though.
Did You Hear About the Morgans? Library. I like Hugh Grant. hehe. Maybe it was because I had very low expectations, but I actually liked this movie too. The story was wild, but it was funny. That's all.
I have also re-watched some movies that I like: 500 Days of Summer, Julie and Julia, Notting Hill, Mamma Mia
All right, people, that's 11 films in 8 days? And I may or may not have watched a whole season of Say Yes to the Dress on Netflix, as well as a couple episodes from So You Think You Can Dance, The Office, and 30 Rock. whew.
2 comments:
Abby, you are funny. I guess I shouldn't feel I've "overdone" it with 3 movies in one week. Are you coming home anytime soon?
so it turns out I watched 11 movies in 10 days ... I miscounted. and no, I'm probably not going to come home.
Post a Comment